Our fit system has been crafted without the influence from any cycling manufacturer. Unlike many
bike fit protocols out there formed by brands to assist in the selling process of their products - we
are able to hand-pick products that best solve a riders discomfort regardless of brand.
We offer two levels of bike fit.
Basic Bike Fit ( Online booking form at bottom of page )
Our Basic Bike Fit is for anyone who rides a bike. It pains us to be out on a bike ride and see
someone who hasn’t got “the basics” right and looks to be in pain as a result! Cycling should not
be painful - this session will involve the following:
● Seat height - the most common bike setup failure.
● Handlebar height and reach.
● Brake lever, gear shifter and grip alignment
The basics will also quickly discuss:
● Cleat set-up.
● The benefits of the Advanced fit.
● Suggestions for products and exercises that may further increase your cycling enjoyment.
Advanced Fit - ( Online booking form at bottom of page )
Our Advanced Fit starts with an in-depth look at your flexibility, functionality and strength off-the-
bike. We use this information to inform set-up choices and determine if your cycling
posture is suited to your bike.
Our physical assessment allows us to determine:
● Lower limb alignment and functionality
● Trunk stability and spinal flexibility
● Foot structure
● Shoulder and neck range of motion
● Skeletal and functional asymmetries
Using information gathered from the pre-fit questionnaire and the physical assessment we then
assess your position on your bike and decide if this matches what we’d expect to see.
We can then adjust your bike’s contact points and suggest products or exercises that will improve
your body to bike relationship.
This often includes :
● Demonstration and recommendation of different saddles
● Demonstration and recommendation of a different stem and/or handlebar
● Adjustments to existing equipment
○ Rotation of handlebars and brake levers
○ Adjustment of headset spacers, changes to the angle of the stem
○ Changes to the height, fore-aft and angle of the saddle.
● Recommendations and customisation of the foot-pedal interface
○ Advice and customisation of insoles and arch support
○ Cleat positioning
○ Stance width
○ Leg length shims.
● Recommendations to seek further guidance from a medical practitioner
● Recommendations of flexibility and strengthening exercises that can help you achieve your
desired cycling posture.
Jon is hugely passionate about biomechanics and physiology. He has experience using a
wide variety of biomechanical and physiological testing procedures and equipment from his time
studying Sport and Exercise Science BSc, as well as an internship shadowing some of the top
coaches and scientists in the world at Aspire Academy in Doha, Qatar. During his studies he
focused on researching how the human body interacts with the bike and many of these finding
have influenced his fitting philosophies.
After graduating university he went on to study the BIKE FIT, Specialized Body Geometry Fit and
Retul bike fitting processes.
During the advanced fit we use technology to inform our decisions but computers cannot fit
people. No two humans are the same and the billions of variants are impossible to program a
computer to account for.
We keep our technology simple and only their to assist in the fitting process. The goal of the bike
fit is qualitative not quantitative. So we use :
● 90 FPS Slow motion video analysis to enhance our own vision and demonstrate changes.
● Lasers to allow the human eye to visualize alignment.
● Electronic forms to record and store information
Dimensions and Follow-up
The electronic copy of your bike set up dimensions will be provided once a we have settled on a
position that we are happy with.
Following on from the fit you can then communicate with our fitter via email to provide feedback
and ask questions regarding your set-up.
Car parking is available close to the shop, Ashton Way (BS31 2UF) is just behind the shop, alternatively use the Civic centre car park directly in front of the shop (BS31 1LA ).